The following notice has been issued by the European Commission:
Type / number of model
Batch number / barcode
Chemical, choking, environment, strangulation
The LED string is too long and can detach. If it wraps around a child’s neck, it could lead to strangulation. The solder on the LED string contains an excessive amount of lead (measured value: 9.33 % by weight).
Lead poses a risk to the environment.
Moreover, the battery compartment can easily be opened or breaks when the toy is dropped, giving access to the batteries. A child may put the batteries in the mouth, which could cause damage to the child?s gastrointestinal tract or choking.
The product does not comply with the requirements of the Toy Safety Directive and the Commission Directive on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (RoHS 2 Directive) and the relevant European standard EN 71-1 and EN 62115.
Measures taken by economic operators
Destruction of the product (by: other)
Transparent inflated balloon fixed to a plastic rigid handle. The handle contains an AAA battery, which operates the LED string that is wrapped around the exterior.
Country of origin
Alert submitted by
Type of alert